Saturday, July 16, 2005

July 15th - $100+$9 NL Hold'Em - Ultimatebet

Its been a good while since I played in $100+ tournaments on the Internet prefering to stick to the $10 R+A events (rebuys & add-ons) They seem to last a lot longer for approx half the price but I've been getting nowhere with those so decided to try a different line of attack.

Tonights $100 NL event attracted 95 runners and gave 2500 points to start so there was no need to hurry. And hurry they didn't! After 30 mins of play, and with antes at 20/40 there were only 3 people gone!

My stack hadn't moved at all and I was on 2450 when I get QQ in EP. The best thing I find about UB games (alond with Party) is that they have a 'raise the pot' button. This saves me have to bet x times the BB and generally acts as a good start bet anyway so I clicked on that and off we went. All passed to the player on the button who then went 'all-in'!

I usually put players on AK when they do this as it serves a purpose and I'm not then always having to second guess. I called! He flips KK. Oops! Well of course a Queen is the first card out and whilst my opponent says 'nice hand' I'm sure he meant something else!

So chip leader, almost, after 30 mins and from there on I was never out of the top 10. The 'bet pot' button came in very handy a couple of times and I cruised to the final table with about 30k in chips. Antes were only 1000/2000 at this point but even so a few desperados were 'all-in' virtually ever hand once the prize money had been attained.

It got down to 3. Me on 40K...bloke on 90k and another bloke on 100k+. I had my work cut out. Every time I raised they'd pass and I was treading water.

The blinds moved to 1500/3000 and I get 8c 6c on the button. I go all-in hoping to pick up the 5k on offer in blinds and get called by Mr 100k+ with KJ. It was all over for me but I did pocket $1211 for 3rd place!

95 Entries - 3rd - Win $1102 - Loss $0 () - Acc Total $746.89

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home