Saturday, May 14, 2005

May 13th - €50+€10 HL Hold'Em - Fitzwilliam (Dublin)

You'll probably notice that in every game you play there will be one hand that either makes or breaks you. You'll either win the hand and move on upwards or you'll lose the hand (and the will to live) and then generally tilt off the rest of your chips in rapid order.

Tonights 'tilt then exit hand' for me came about when we were down to the last three tables. I get 99 on the button and with blinds at 300/600 there are 5 limpers into the pot before it gets to me. I decide to take the 3000 points on offer and go all-in for 8K.

Now what usually happens in situations like this is that people will decide to give up the ghost at this point, moan a bit, then pass. I get 1 caller for 5k and the usual '...its time to go home anyway' speech and he flips Kh Jh.

Well in order to win tournaments you need to win more than your fair share of 50/50 balls and on this ocassion...I didn't as a King appeared on the flop. Hmmmm!! So now with 3K left and blinds at this 300/600 level I'm looking to get busy.

Next time I'm on the BB I get 3-7. Crap at the best of times but there's been no raise and 2 callers including the SB. The flop is 2-3-10 rainbow and once the SB checks I go all-in. This would work in all cases where nobody had hit anything but unfortunately for me the 'non blind' caller had Q-10 and called. Another unproductive day at the office then!!

60 Entries - 26th - Win $0 - Loss - $143 (1 rebuy) - Acc Total -$475.50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home