Saturday, April 16, 2005

Apr 15th - €50+€10 NL Hold'Em - Fitzwilliam (Dublin)

At last...a night when most things went my way. I bet when I had the best hand (and everyone would pass) and I would get out of the way when I thought I was behind. (Passed A-Q TWICE!!) Made two full houses against good other hands and got paid off and generally the cards co-operated and I gouged out 3rd place. At the break I had around 10K in chips (from a start of 2.9k) and with my top-up (extra 3k) I played good, solid poker and got to the final table without to much of a fuss. Having said that I did go card dead for a good 90 mins and was the short stack with only 14k versus the chip leader with almost 200K. Having said that I did get good cards at the final table. My first 'all-in' was with 10-10 and the chip leader called with A-6. I hit a set. All-In again with A-A. Got a caller with Qh-7h. No bother there! Having said that though with the blinds rising and upto 4000-8000 I wasn't getting much play as the field got shorter I found myself having to make plays that were being best avoided earlier in the evening. With 3 players left I get J-9 and with 32K left I went all-in. With two massive stacks against me I was hoping to steal the 10k in blinds but I ran into K-K and that was that. Not bad though and it makes it all worthwhile. First prize tonight was €2.6K but I was happy with my €820 and am looking to seeing that winners circle one day again soon!

67 Entries - 3rd - Win $1066 ($923 nett after 1 rebuy) - Acc Total +$538.50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home