Friday, April 08, 2005

April 7th - €50+€5 No Limit Hold'Em - Red Cow Hotel (Dublin)

There is definately SOMETHING going on in this town. 204 entries for tonights event held in a hotel ballroom on the outskirts of Dublin. It would appear that the locals just can't get enough of Hold'Em. Of course advertising on radio and in the Irish Daily Star helps. Word has it that a similar event held at a pub not to far from me last week had to turn away 100 people as the place couldn't cope!! Ok...so a €50 / 1 rebuy tournament and a prize pool of €13000 is not to be sniffed at. Blinds start off meagre enough at 25/50 but by 1am there were only 14 left so you can see the ferocity of the game and blind levels. I got knocked out early on. Making a bet for 800, with A-Q, I got called in 3 spots. The flop came 3-4-8 and the player on the SB went all-in for 3k. All passed to me and I called. He flipped 3-3 and it was rebuy time. An hour goes by and I get 4-4. The same player as the last time bet out to 1K. All pass to me again and I thought I'd put him to the test so went all-in. He called and flipped 6-6. Not my day obviously. Mind you I can't complain too much as I won over €200 in three sit-and go satellite games later. Its not all bad then!!

204 Entries - 174th - Win $0 - Lose $136.50 (1 rebuy) - Acc Total -$279.50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home