Friday, April 22, 2005

Apr 21st - €50+€5 NL Hold'Em - Red Cow Hotel (Dublin)

Almost 200 runners and a great prize pool. What more could you ask for? Well a bit of luck for a start. After getting my first chunk of chips up from 4k to almost 8k the wheels fell off and within the space of 20 mins it was all over for me rebuy and all. It all started when I held the Ad 7d and saw a flop of As 7s 5h. Weeee...I thought lucky me! Two pair. I bet out 1000 and was called by one player. The Jc fell next and it was checked to me. I launch an all-iner and was immediatley called by player holding A-Q no flush draw. The river brought another Jack and I lost half my chips as A-A-J-J-Q beats A-A-J-J-7!! A few hands later I get AQ and raise to 1000. I get two callers. Flop comes A-9-6. No problem...I'm all-in and get the two callers. No further betting took place as the turn brought an EIGHT then a TEN. One player flips A-Q (same as me) but some fruit has 9-9 in hand for a set! Booooooo!! Ok...rebuy time! Three hands into that I get Ad 8d. I call the 200 ante's and the player to my immediate left goes all-in for 900 points. Three more players call before it gets back to me so I decide to make it more interesting by going all-in for 3900. I get one caller who flips J-10. The initial raiser has A-A but the side pot looks good to win. The flop comes 4-7-8-J-J and the player who called my all-in bet with J-T ends up with around 10K and I'm on my way out of the door. Stupid game!!

180+ Entries - ??? - Win $0 - Lose $136.50 (1 rebuy) - Acc Total +$44.50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home