Monday, April 18, 2005

Apr 17th - €20+€5 NL Hold'Em - Fitzwilliam (Dublin)

A decent turnout of 50+ players for tonights €20 NL game. At the break, and after the top-up, I had about 7k in chips which wasn't so bad but within 4 hands of that I was gone. Two hands after the break I get Qc-Th in the BB. Antes are 100/200 and there's no raise. The flop comes 8h-Qh-2h giving me top pair and a decent high flush draw. I immediatelty bet 300 but Shaun, one of my ex-pupils from Pokerschool, raised it back to 600! I called. The 10d fell on the turn. So here was my thinking...I now have top two pair and I'm pretty much committed to the pot as, with a decent flush draw as well, I'm feeling in good about my chances. I go all-in. Well of course Shaun calls for all his chips leaving me around 1400. He flips Jh-9h leaving me with only 4 outs (2 Q's & 2 T's). The 2d falls on the river and I ship over my chips...booo hiss!! Two hands later and, in late position, I get Qc 7c. I call the 200. Flop comes 4c-5d-6h. I bet 300 and Shaun re-raises me all-in. Oh well! I call and he has 7-3 offsuit in the BB!! Argh! No 8 comes to my rescue and I'm gone. Ho hum!!

53 Entries - 44th - Win $0 - Lose $110.50 (3 rebuys) - Acc Total +$324

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home