Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Apr 18th - €100+€10 NL Hold'Em - Fitzwilliam (Dublin)

Pairs & more pairs. Infact I've never seen so many in such a short amount of time. Trouble was that all, bar one, got smacked up on the flop by the appearence of an Ace (when my pair was small & fragile) so once the betting started then that was that. The evening had started so well as well. Three hands in I get a pair of 4's which turns into a set which wins me 1000 points. From then on though it was all downhill and rapidly so. My next pair was 8's. I CALL a 500 bet but give it up once the flop comes A-J-6 and the betting starts. Next pair is 4's again. Nada on the flop and another 500 points light. I make a full house but is no good against a BIGGER full house. Another 1200 points gone. I get Ac-5c. Raise to 500...get three callers and the flop comes 8h-Jh-Qs. Another loss. Fours AGAIN!! Another call for 400 and AGAIN an Ace on the flop and betting...doh!! So I'm down to 1075 in no time at all which I lash into the pot and get two callers. Flop is 9h-6h-3h-7c-Jd. Someone flips K-K and its goodnight Vienna! So frustrating!! So home I go and play in the 4000 runner FREEROLL on Paradise Poker for a seat in the GRAND FINAL on May 1st. Top 50 runners get a seat! I finish 50th and with 407 points left I squeak in! Its a funny old world!

70 Entries - 59th - Win $0 - Lose $143 (0 rebuys) - Acc Total +$181

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home