Saturday, April 30, 2005

Apr 29th - €50+€10 Pot Limit Omaha/Hold'Em - Fitzwilliam (Dublin)

After a weeks hiatus I take part in an event as part of Fitzwilliam clubs poker festival the €50 Pot Limit Hold'Em / Omaha and for some reason I can't quite fathom I managed to finish in 8th spot for a €300 payout. I say I can't fathom it cos apart from ONE hand where my chip stack doubled from 7.5k to 15k in the OMAHA I had absolutely NO cards. In the Hold'Em the best hand I got was As Js and in the OMAHA the best hand I had was the NUT FLUSH that got busted on the river by a full house and thats what knocked me out of the tournament. Once I had my 15k in chips I sat there and sat there. Round after round I couldn't find ANY cards to play with. Round after round I would ante away and then sit for another 7 or 8 hands until it was time to ante again. With 11 left, and 10 spots paid, I had 4000 left. I went all-in on my BB and for some reason the only other player in the hand passed 22. Whilst in 10th spot I get upto 10k with a split pot in OMAHA. Two players get busted and I'm looking at Ah 10h Jc 2c in the OMAHA round and with blinds at 1.5k - 3k I go all-in andget called by monster chip stack Norman Walsh. He has A-Q-5-5. The flop is Kh 9h 6d. The 5h falls on the turn giving me nut flush in hears but Norman 3 5's. The 9d falls on the river giving Norman more chips and me €300. Wow...that puts me back in profit for the month...I think I'll turn pro!!

73 Entries - 8th - Win $390 - Nett win - $182 after 2 rebuys - Acc Total +$83.50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home