Friday, July 01, 2005

June 30th - £20 NL Hold'Em - Cavendish Club (Belfast)

For the first 30 minutes in tonights rebuy tournament I was being beaten up big time. Holding A-K, and on a K-6-3 flop I go all-in and get called by player holding J-J. A Jack falls on the turn. Urgh!

Holding Kh-6h I go all-in with the board at K-Q-7. My opponent calls me and shows Q-J. A Jack falls on the turn. Urgh.

I go all-in holding A-J and get called by someone holding 4-4. The flop comes J-T-7-FOUR...and so and and so on.

So after 5 rebuys I finally start to get some hands that hold up. My K-K doubles through as does my A-Q. At the break, and after the rebuy, I have 12700. This I get up to 20,000 before this hand comes up.

I'm dealt Jc 10c on the button. There's a raise to 5000 and I flat call. The flop comes Q-K-7. My opponent goes all-in for another 6K and I'm forced to call getting almost 4/1 on my money with a 6/4 chance of hitting my straight with 2 cards to come.

So I'm looking for any Ace or any Nine. The turn brings a THREE and the river another THREE. My opponents A-K stand up and I'm almost gone.

With blinds now at 400/800 I'm looking to steal blinds soon and I get K-4 on the SB. Its passed around and I go all-in for around 5k. The BB has 8k left but calls anyway with Q-5. (Wot a dumbo!) Thats as maybe but a Queen falls on the flop and I'm on my way home.

Because of the NI 'marching season' the club is now closed till July 18th so I'll be looking to get my fix on the Internet for a few weeks!!

50 Entries - 30th - Win $0 - Loss - $252 (6 rebuys) - Acc Total -$355.11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home