Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Aug 21st - £100 NL Hold'Em (Western Club)

The thing about playing poker tournaments is that every hand you play could be your last! Not that you plan it that way of course but circumstances dictate that nomatter HOW you play the hand you're given your fate will ultimately rest on two things.

1. The flop
2. The actions of others

Last night at the Western there were 70 runners for the £100 event. By far the largest turnout for the Tuesday game I can remember.

I'd got to the club at 6.30pm intending on playing some Internet poker for a while but a cash game with a seat got me interested in that so I sat down with £200. Thirty-five minutes late the game broke in order to play a satellite for the evenings £100 event and I cashed in for £415!

Nice start!

Having then paid out £24 for the satellite (finishing 5th) I then bought in for the main game and put £50 on my FT account for a quick stab at some cash games.

I bought into a $55 turbo S & T, finished 2nd, and just before 8pm I had almost $200 in my account from a start point of $100. Bought into the HendonMob league tourney for $10 then proceeded to plod through that till the start of the £100 event I'd obviously come for!

Being still in the HM event online I had to keep flitting from the 'live' play back to the 'internet' play which is not the best of things to do as ones concentration tends to wander easily. Anyway after doubling up on the HM event I sat out and concentrated on the live game...for what it was worth!

Arriving back at my tabe I find myself on the button. Blinds were 100-200 and I got dealt Ac-2s. Crappy hand at the best of times but as there was no raise I flat called the 200 and saw a flop of Jc-7c-3c.

Now with a hand like mine (nut flush draw) you're ALWAYS going to play it but it ended up costing me all my chips.

The SB bet out to 300. Player in MP raised to 800. I flat called the 800. SB goes all-in for 4k more. MP calls all-in. I'm now getting over 2/1 my money and, as Phil Laak would say, it was time to 'CFM' - call for maths!

SB flips 8c-4c for a made flush. MP flips 7-7 for a set. I'm on the nut flush draw!

Turn card is the 10h. River card is the Qs. That was that!!

Meanwhile back on the 'Internet' I finish 8th in the HM league event for some $30 and win $300 in PL Omaha! I cash out for £250 at the desk!

I can't complain!

Entries -> 70 - Place -> --- Loss-> £110 Profit/Loss for 2007 -> -£326
(As from 20th April 2007 rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $2.00)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home