Monday, June 04, 2007

Jun 3rd - £100 Satellites to the Poker Million

Sunday morning. Its 10am and I'm pulling up outside Leyton Orients football ground for a shot at qualifying for this years Ladbrokes Poker Million event.

You wouldn't think that there'd be that many poker players up and around at this time on a Sunday but you'd be wrong as over 40 players had converged in order to take part in 'one-table' satellites to the bigger £1000 satellite event taking place later this afternoon.

I'd come armed with £300, for three gos, and felt confident enough that I may do ok. Of course confidence comprizes half the solution. The other half is entirely dependant on the cards you get and the five that follow!

The satellites were 50k starting stack, 15 min blinds and blinds started at 1k-2k and went up from there.

Satellite 1:

Early doors I get 8-8 and raise off with A-K for 20k. I lose. I then raise off for the rest of my chips with Ah-Qh v Ad-6d v Kc-Qd. I lost that one when Mr Ad-6d makes a flush on the river!

Satellite 2:

Early doors I get 9-9 in LP. There's a raise to 8k. I call. Flop is A-8-9. Raiser bets 10k. I flat call. Turn card a 6. Raiser goes all-in. I call. He flips A-10. I'm on 100k.

I then get 6-6 which doesn't improve and lose 15k. I then get A-3 on the button and make it 15k to go. The BB makes it 30k. I shove (doh) and he calls flipping A-K. He has me covered. That was that!

Satellite 3:

I'm in LP with 6-6. Barry Hearn (owner of Leyton Orient) makes it 8k to play from the button. I flat call. Flop is 10-7-3. I go all-in. He calls and flips A-10.

Just not my day :(

Loss-> £300 Profit/Loss for 2007 -> £603

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home