Friday, April 27, 2007

Apr 26th - £50+£5 NL Hold'Em (Victoria)

I hate myself when I make big boo boos in play. Generally I'll make an excuse like I was tired and was fed up etc etc.

Last nights boo boo put me out of the tournament when I was comfortably cruising and I've no excuses. Just poor play.

The £55 NL Hold'Em Freezout at the Vic had 41 runners. You only get 2k to start with an 20 min blinds don't make the job any easier so I was pleased to get off to a good start.

First hand I'm dealt A-Q in LP. With blinds at 25-25 there's a small raise to 125 then a slightly larger one to 325 from the player just to my right. I flat call as goes the original raiser. Flop is 9-2-2.

Original raiser checks and the original re-raiser bets out 300, a continuation bet if I ever I saw one. I launched all-in and all then passed. Easy game innit??

I then get lucky when I knock out someone with Ah-5h that gets there with runner runner hearts to make my flush so in level 1 I get upto around 3.5k.

Level 2 I suffer a small setback when my Q-10, on a board of 10-9-7, gets rivered by a player holding 8d-9d but at the break I'm on 5300 and well up with the leaders. 32 left.

Once blinds, at the Vic, get to 200-400 the cull starts big time and by the time the 300-600 level comes around there are 16 of us left and on the last two tables. I have 6400. Then came the boo boo!

I'm UTG and look down to see Ac-Jc. A bet of 1200 would hopefully cull the field but nooooo I get 2 callers. Flop is 8s-5s-2d.

Of course I'm nowhere near it but I figure an all-in bet will gimme the goodies. So all-in I go. I just didn't figure on a player flat calling my raise with Q-Q.

Ho hum. No Ace to save my sorry ass and I'm out in 16th. Lesson learned I feel.

Entries -> 41 - Place -> 16th - Loss -> £55 Profit/Loss for 2007 -> -£831
(As from 20th April 2007 rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $2.00)

1 Comments:

At 3:50 pm, Blogger James said...

Damn that person for disguising his hand pre-flop.... obviously hasn't read your book

x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home