Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Apr 16th - £10 NL Hold'Em - Gutshot Club

So its Monday night and I'm looking for a game. Where to go??

To be fair there was only one place TO go tonight and that was the Gutshot Club where there'd be x number of places up for grabs in the 1st of thier 4 prelim rounds into Friday nights Mammoth tournament.

Each night till then (Mon - Thur) there's a £10 rebuy, with 60 mins of rebuys, where the top 20% of entries each night win a seat in Friday nights grand final where in excess of a £10k prize pool awaits.

Tonights event saw 50 runners attend which meant there were 10 places up for grabs on Friday. I never got out of the starting gate.

With a budget of £100 (plenty of rebuys) I was keen to gamble it up and hoped to get enough chips together to then play steady after the rebuys. Well the gambling happened but the 'accumulation of chips' didn't.

To begin with I'm all-in (500 points) with any Ace. After three of four goes at finding that didn't work I then tried pairs. One pair out of 4 got through so that doubled me up to just over 1k.

That disappeared soon afterwards when my J-10 failed to beat out 10-9 on a flop of 8-9-4.

Ho Hum.

In the end, and shortly before the rebuys finished, I went on a desperate 'all-in every hand' race which was finally called by both 7-7 & A-A. I held the As-8s and things looked hopeful as the 1st card out on the flop was the Qs. As it was I didn't improve so needless to say I was on my way home soon after.

Maybe next time will be better??

Accumulative wins / losses since my last update = £200 + £158 ($300) - £33 = (£365 - £1269) = -£944

Entries -> 50 - Place -> --- - Loss -> £100 Profit/Loss for 2007 -> -£1044

(As from 1st Jan 2007 rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.90)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home