Monday, April 02, 2007

A month in the Internet blinds (March 2007)

With of loss of just over £1200 on the month I've decided to really cut back on 'Internet Poker' for the time being as there's just no way I'm making it pay.

Big losses this month were on Stars (-£485) and VC Poker (-£360) with smaller losses at Full Tilt, Partypoker, Gutshot & Mansion.

Of course playing in events with 1500+ runners (Stars) is never a good idea if you're looking for profit but I'm always of the opinion that I only need to win one of these monster runner events and I'm back in the black. On VC I lost mainly in the cash games in Omaha. Amazing how many times you can hit a set there only to be up against either a higher set or get turned over by a flush or straight draw!!

For people that think Internet poker isn't juiced in some way is living in fantasy land. Too many times, when heads up, the flop will bring a great hand for hand 1 and a great drawing hand for hand 2. Generally the person with the biggest stack at the time will prevail and generally it'll be for all ones chips. It gets boring after a while.

April will be an interesting month on the 'live' front with me attempting to qualify for the Irish Open on Thursday 5th. If I DO qualify via the satellite I'll be doing a daily report on my efforts from Friday 6th. If not I'll be playing in the €1000 freezeout event at the Irish Open on Sun 8th and, of course, on the 18th its the final of the Loose Cannons 'Trip To Vegas' league.

My life could be very different in 18 days time. Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home