Friday, March 23, 2007

March 22nd - Loose Cannons (London WC4)

First 'live' play in two weeks and I was hoping to shake off the deadzone which seems to have surrounded my results of late!

Nineteen runners for the first event of the evening down at LC and tonight was week 11, of 13, of the league which I've been an active participant in since Xmas.

I'm holding my own in the top 3 at the moment but my wish to get 200 points on the board seem a bit forlorn at the mo as I'm plodding along scraping 3 - 10 points a night as I struggle to find form once more.

Ah well...!!

Tonight I started brightly enough with some nice calls which got me to circa 6k, from a start point of 3.5k, in no time at all. I then made a couple of loose type calls pre-flop, both times with A-10, but on each occasion I failed to connect on the flop and so had to give them up. Those calls cost me 1200.

One guy was down to his last 700 already, at the 100-200 level, and pushed all-in from EP. I was in MP with Jd-5d and decided to call. Guy on BB also called when it got back round so 3 of us saw the flop of J-5-7. With a guy already all-in the BB checked and I pushed all-in wanting to isolate the all-in guy.

Mr BB sat back in his chair & pondered....and pondered....and pondered! After what felt like several minutes of this pondering he pushed all-in himself and told the table he wanted to go home! He flipped J-10.

Ok so I thought no 10 please!! The turn was a Queen...the river...another bloody Queen thereby counterfeiting my two pair and him winning with Q-Q-J-J-10!! Barf!!

I had a few chips left but they soon went and that was the first tournament over with. £55 down the Suwannee!

Tournament 2 and I was under the impression it was a 'turbo'! Apparently not as Roy has now decided to abandon that idea and play 20 minute levels instead. No frigging good to me as I had to be out of there by 11.30pm to get my last train home!

The game began at 9.30pm and I was out of there within the hour. I did pick up a bounty along the way though so my points score for the night was a massive 5!

I did win £200 in the no rake cash game so was actually up on the night however the £105 I lost in tournament fees means that for the first time in 2007 I'm actually negative on 'live-play'.

Eeek...not used to that!!

Entries -> -- - Place -> --- - Loss -> £105 Profit/Loss for 2007 -> -£68
(As from 1st Jan 2007 rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.90)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home