Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Feb 6th - Loose Cannons Official Opening Night

With over 200 runners for tonights $10k freeroll event at Loose Cannons official opening night it was never going to be easy.

Indeed the amount of alcohol consumed from players at the tables meant that with self deal a reality it was taking nigh on 5 minutes to play a single hand of poker!

Never mind though...it was a fun night out with 'bounty' buttons given to various celebrities worth $100 (on a VC poker account) and a bottle of champagne! On our table we had Matthew Stevens - World Snooker Champion.

To be fair I wouldn't know Matthew Stevens if he came round our house and asked for help with his broken down car but apparently after taking his bounty button off him with my 3h-4h beating his Q-8 I didn't really need to!

At the break I held 8k in chips and was in good shape but the blinds suddenly started increasing at a substancial rate and with Jd-9d in hand and midnight close at hand I decided to gamble it up with two all-in players with similar stacks.

One held A-10 the other K-Q so we had the top cards covered and it was anyones game. A flop of K-J-4-4-8 meant I was out in around 80th place but I'd had a good time and my champagne will be put to good use next Wed!

Finally much thanks to Sarah, Particks wife, for giving me a lift home at 1.30am. Saved me £60 on a cab!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home