Friday, January 26, 2007

Jan 25th - £50+£5 NL Hold'Em (Loose Cannons)

The problem with having a winning streak like the one I've been on at 'Loose Cannons' recently is that it has to come to an end eventually. Was tonight going to be that night?

Looking back at my results at LC since I first joined I've come 9th, 1st, 1st, 2nd, and 1st. Hardly a terrible record.

Tonights league event was 'double points' night. In some ways this is good...in others bad. After all if I did no good tonight then the others catch up! If I did do good then my lead becomes massive!

Thirteen runners then and tonight was a tale of 4 hands!

Hand 1: Ten minutes in and with blinds still at 25/50 I get Kh-3h in the BB. Its flat called by two other players and we see a flop of Qh-4h-7c. I check and Mr MP bets out 300. Pass, Pass. I flat call. My gin card arrives with the Ah falling on the turn. I check. My opponent bets 600. I flat call. A 2d appears on the river. This time I bet out 1500. My opponent calls and declares 2-pairs (Qc-4c) and I scoop.

Hand 2: Five minutes later. I'm in LP with Ad-6c. Mr MP, who'd I'd virtually cleaned out earlier, goes all in. I flat call and we're heads up. He flips A-J. Ok. A flop of 6-9-3-7-4 and I'm upto just over 7k (from a 3.5k start) and my first 'bounty chip' is in the bag!

For the next 90 minutes I get zilch, zippo, nada! Its a nightmare. I'm at the final table...there are 6 of us left...I have 5k in chips. Blinds are 200-400 and I'm on the BB.

Hand 3: I get 9h-7h. A short stacked player goes all-in for 2k. Another short stacked player does the same (he has 2k also). I can't pass and call the extra 1600. One flips 5-5. The other A-A. Flop is Ah-8d-4d. Turn 6h. River 3d. Baaaaahhh!! Mr A-A triples up.

Hand 4: Next hand I'm in the SB. I get Jd-2d. Player on the button flat calls. BB checks. Flop is 7d-8d-9c. How can I fold??? I go all-in! BB folds but the button calls and flips Q-9. Any 10 or any diamond for me!! Turn is the Kc. River the 3h. I'm out in 6th!

Points wise I got 3 (for turning up) + 2 (for my one bounty chip) * 2 (double points night) = 10. Total points = 90!!

You can't win ALL the time!!

Entries -> 13 - Place -> 6th - Loss -> £50 Profit/Loss for 2007 -> +£682
(As from 1st Jan 2007 rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.90)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home