Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Dublin & the end of 2006!

First some numbers from my last two 'live' tournaments of the year...

22nd Dec - €50+€5 No Limit Hold'Em (Rebuys) - Fitzwilliam Club - Dublin

Entries -> 98 - Place -> ??? - Loss -> €155 ($202) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$17312

(As from 30th Nov 2006 rate of exchange is calculated at €1 = $1.30)

29th Dec - €50+€5 No Limit Hold'Em (Rebuys) - Fitzwilliam Club - Dublin

Entries -> 102 - Place -> 4th - Win -> €1395 ($1813) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$19125

(As from 30th Nov 2006 rate of exchange is calculated at €1 = $1.30)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it...a profit on 'live' tournament play in 2006 of just over $19000, or close to £10,000.

Internet play though is another kettle of fish entirely and I suppose I chose not to keep records of play on there for 2006 as there's no doubt that I'm a loser overall for the year there despite having one or two 'nice' results.

If there is anything at all to be learned from Internet play though is that I don't believe for one minute that the cards are 'random', as advertised, and that sites DO have a structure in place that keeps the fishes in the game for longer than necessary. Just my opinion folks!

So what for 2007?

Well I'm certainly going to keep records of my tournament play on the Internet. My initial plan is to just play in the £4k guarantee event on crypto software at 7pm (GMT) and the now heavily populated $26 'Double-Stack' event on Full Tilt at 7pm. I may also then play the $10 NL Hold'Em rebuy event on Stars at 9pm but thats it!

I'll update a spreadsheet which I'll present to you all to view on a monthly basis. After all how hard can it be to win a 400+ player event? Har Har!

As for 'live' play I hope to qualify for an EPT and the WSOP this year via satellite, either web based or live, The Grosvenor GPT event looks promising as well so I'll be giving that a bash!

Finally as for a target I'll set myself...to show a profit of £20,000 on the year.

Now that'd be something!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home