Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Nov 21st - £100+£10 NL Hold'Em - Western Club

Another day, another £110 out of the window and I think its time for a break away from 'live' poker...well for a week or two anyway.

Tonights event at the Western was attended by 62 runners and the inkling I got that things were not going to happen for me was very shortly into the game itself when I get As-Ks in LP.

As is customary in these cases I raised to 350 (blinds were at 25-50) and got two callers. The flop looked fine for a holding like mine in 3c-7c-8s. Ok...I had no pair but I couldn't see either of my opponents having any of that either so once they'd checked I decided to cover my position and went all-in without much hesitation.

Then came the dwell-up from next player to act. He'd already lost 1000 points in an earlier skirmish so was looking at a stack of 3500 as he finally decided to call. The other player passed and yer man flipped over Qc-Jc for a flush draw. Well I suppose I'd have called as well! The turn card was the Js which although gave matey boy a pair of Jacks at least helped me somewhat in the process. The 2d fell on the river though and I was down to 1500.

I scrapped my way back upto 3000 and we were well into the 2nd level when I get my bogey hand at the Western in 10-10. Again I raised it up to 500 and again I got the same two callers as last time. The flop looked okay with J-6-3 and once again the two lads checked before it got to me. So what to do?

I'm a great believer that a one card higher than your holding pair flop is fine, especially if no Ace or King, as it limits the scope of an opponents holding somewhat. So with 2500 in hand I again launch an all-in bet, in defence of my 10's, and pray that neither of my opponents held a dreaded Jack.

Once again I got the dwell up from opponent 1 who wrestled with his conscience before finally folding. Opponent 2 though called without hesitation and proudly flipped 6h-3h for two pair!!!

A King on the turn was followed by a Queen on the river and I was out before the end of level 2.

Yes...its time for a break!

Entries ->62 - Place ->55th - Loss -> £110 ($204) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$12539
(As from 7th August rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.85)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home