Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Oct 17th - £100+£10 NL Hold'Em - Western (London)

Its been a while but tonight was one of those nights when I couldn't get out of the starting gate. It doesn't help, of course, to have the UK's biggest fish in poker (Koresh) on your table who calls with anything with spots on and will ALWAYS bet the flop nomatter what comes, but the cards were not on my side tonight and when that happens there's very little you can do!

The evening started brightly enough as I collected £1000 from the cash desk by way of a cashout from Full Tilt! Handy that the Western acts like a cash point for them so money can be put straight onto your account and whipped out in a matter of minutes if you get lucky! I'd come 2nd in Monday nights $25 NL event which paid me $1800. No way am I having that sort of dough floating about the on-lines so that was cashed in!

The £100 NL game at the Western was, this week, attended by 53 bods all anxious, no doubt, to get their hands on the £2k first prize. At the end of level 1 I had 4700 in points from a starting stack of 5000. I had hardly played a hand!

Level 2 saw me call Koresh's 'over raise' to 1000 with Ad-10d but had to let it go on the river as the board read 9-7-7-K-J and Koresh decided to go 'all-in'. He then turned 9-9 and moaned that I hadn't hit my cards...as you would!

At the end of level 2 I had 3200. And so to my demise on level 3...

With blinds now at 100-200 and holding As-10s I raised it up to 1050. All passed to Koresh who, like any good minded fishy, inst-called with some do-do or other. Its always nice to get a call from Koresh :)

The flop came 8-6-4 and immediately Koresh went all-in. Of course Koresh could have anything so I duly called for my last 2k in chips. 'So what part of that crappy flop have you got?', I asked. 'I have the 6', he declared as he turned 9-6 offsuit. No surprise there really!

The turn card was a Jack, the river another 4 and I was out! The fishy had its own rod this time!

Entries ->53 - Place -> 37th - Loss -> £110 ($204) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$12690

(As from 7th August rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.85)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home