Monday, September 25, 2006

Sept 23rd - £100+£10 NL Hold'Em (Gutshot)

Another freeroll! Tonight was the £100 freezeout down at the Gutshot club. I got there quite early so jumped in a cash game where the most surprising thing was that they were raking £10 out of £200 pots!! Scary!

Anyway...I win £103 so the £110 entry fee was no great shakes. 4k in chips and a 25 minute clock meant a fair bit of play. 120 runners as well. Nice!

I started off like a train...picking up pot after pot. My first 'all-in' of the night occured about 20 mins in and went like this...

I get dealt the 10d-7d and flat call the 50 in blinds. Theres about 4 of us in and the flop comes 5d-6d-7c. Now as soon as this falls there's no way I can get out of the pot! Could you? Anyway...

The player to my immediate right bets out to 500. I'm not pissing about with top pair and flush draw so I raise to 1500. Now HE comes back over the top of me for another 3000 and suddenly I'm all-in. He calls and flips Kd-Jd. Ooooerrr!

The turn is the Ah and the river the 8h. I'm now upto 10k in chips and sitting pretty.

At the first break I have 16k. At the 2nd break I have 12k but still above average.

The next big hand I get involved with goes down like this!

Blinds are 350-700 and I'm on the SB. I look down to see Jc-4s. An instant fold in usual circumstances. The player to my right though was a chinese guy who'd been playing a lot of pots then giving up on it, usually by the turn card. Everyone folded, back to me, so I flat call the blind. The chinese guy checks and off we go...

The flop is As-Ks-5d. I bet out to 700 as its usually better to do theses things rather than let your opponent get free cards...especially when you, yourself, have doggy doo!

Surprisingly he immediately re-raises to 2k. Now this stunk to me as I was PRETTY sure he didn't have much and was thinking I had nothing either. So I went all-in!!

Well that did it...he got up from his chair...walked around a bit...oooed and aared then finally CALLED!! Argh!!

He flipped A-3. Ok...so I'd been caught big time but when the turn card brought a 3 I suddenly had 4 outs for a straight. An 8 appeared on the river and all I could do was chuckle to myself...or was it cry...I don't recall!

Entries ->120 - Place -> 48th - Loss -> £110 ($203) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$14191

(As from 7th August rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.85)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home