Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Aug 22nd - £100+£10 NL Hold'Em - Western Club (Acton)

A half way placing but not too much to get excited about in last nights £100 event at the Western.

After level 1 I'd doubled my chip stack and had just over 10k. After level 4 had finished I had 9k. It was that sort of night!

My double through, early on, had ocurred not by some random act of insanity, as is sometimes the case, but with controlled agression & good cards (& flops). I took 2k of one guy, 2k off another and chugged my way up nicely...then came the period of nuffin!

I must have see a dozen 2-3, 2-4, 2-7 type of hands in the next hour. From the nice start I ground it out hoping the cards would connect again sometime soon. They did & I lost!

Blinds were at 200-400 and I get Ac-Jc in MP. I raised it up to 1200 and get an immediate 'all-in' from the guy on my immediate right. He had around 5k. It's passed around to me! I had 8k left, still plenty of play, but I don't like raising with good cards then getting 'bullied' by an all-iner especially when I see my cards as good.

While one can argue that Ac-Jc only falls into the 'mediocre' hand category the fact that the all-iner only had 5k in chips and was potentially looking to get his chips in anyway with a hand like A-10, 7-7, 8-8 etc made me decide to call anyway. He flipped A-Q!

A Queen appeared on the flop and that was that. Time to re-appraise!

Blinds went up to 300-600 and with only a little over 3k in chips left I knew my next move would be all-in myself!

It didn't take long!! I get Kh-Jh and get called by a player holding A-J. An Ace appeared on the flop and it was goodnight from me!

Entries ->54 - Place -> 28th - Loss -> £110 ($203) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$12667

(As from 7th August rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.85)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home