Monday, August 21, 2006

Aug 18th - £100+£10 NL Hold'Em - Sportsman (London W1)

Not a very exciting night as far as my poker went. Despite getting down to the last 4 tables, from 6, I couldn't find the cards to boot my stack sufficiently in order to get into a position of comfort and ended up losing my chips with 5-5 v Q-Q.

A couple of interesting hands though...

Early in the evening I'd accumulated my 2k starting stack upto around 5k when I get Kc-Qc in LP and raise it up to 500 (blinds were 50-100). I get three callers. Flop comes Ac-8d-8c. We all check. The 7c comes off next. I bet 1000. The next player raises to 2000, another player goes all-in and I re-raise all-in myself. The original raiser calls.

'I can't pass nut-flush', I say as I proudly turn over my hand. 'I can't pass 4 eights', comes the reply and he pops over 2 8's in his hand for quads! Urgh!!

Another interesting hand was one where I held 3h-5h on the SB. Blinds were at 300-600 and there are 5 limpers into the pot before the action gets back to me. I decide to try a nice bluff and bet out to 3k. All pass....bar one who hums and ho's and decides its 'time to go home' and goes all-in for 5k. I'm slightly embarrassed at having to call but shrug my shoulders and wave goodbe to 5k. He flips Ah-10h and I'm toas as an Ace falls on the flop.

It was all downhill after that. Sometimes you can get away with these bluffs...not tonight though!

Entries ->59 - Place -> 34th - Loss -> £310 ($573) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$12870

(As from 7th August rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.85)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home