Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Aug 1st - £20+£2 NL Hold'Em - Victoria (London)

Since my return from hols my 'live' form has been awful. I don't think that I've even come close, as yet, to accumulating enough chips in order to be a threat at the tables and once again last nights attempt at playing came unstuck in a big gooey way.

This weeks £20 NL game at the Vic attracted 50 runners. A pretty good turn out these days down there! With a 20 min clock and 1000 points to start you really have to try and get to the break with around 5k in order to have a chance later on. I had two rebuys and a top-up and at the break I held a stack size of 2400.

Once again I pretty much failed to get any decent startimh hands and I can't remember when I last got a pair of Aces. After the first hour of playing muck like 10-4, 10-6, K-7 etc etc I got kinda bored so started playing mediocre hads like J-9 & K-J like they were going out of fashion. Unfortunately for me, at the moment, they are!

After the break I'm looking to double up or die as I can't stand sitting around playing a tiny stack in a £20 comp. It didn't take long!

About 4 hands in I get 10h-9h and when someone from across the table went all-in I called. He flipped A-Q. The flop was 5-8-A-A-7 and that was that!

It pains me to say it but poker is boring at the moment! Ho Hum!!

Entries ->50 - Place -> 35th - Loss -> £82 ($144) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$9961

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home