Tuesday, June 06, 2006

June 5th - £100+£10 NL Hold'Em - Grosvenor (Luton)

The £100 FREEZEOUT event at Luton was well attended with 59 runners and with a slow, 30-min, clock and 5000 points to start then it was a great tourney to do well in. Trouble was...I didn't!

Mondays are not a good night for me to play cards! You know the feeling...you got up late on Sunday...bed late on Sunday night...4 hours kip...up at 6.30am Monday...full day at work...home by 6pm...out by 7pm...thirty mile drive..yada yada yada!

Asd soon as I saw it was a 30 minute clock I knew I was in trouble as there was no way I could concentrate till 4am when the game would finish!

I then took the decision to try and double through early and make the effort or go home and get some kip!

I get Ac-Qc on the button and raise to 350. Get one caller. The flop totally misses me but I bet out 600 anyway. My opponent calls. The turn misses me some more and I give up on it after a 1000 bet come in! So much for this strategy!!

I get Jd-5d in the SB, 8 hands later. There's no raise and 5 of us see a flop of Ad-7d-5c. Its checked around to me and I bet 600. I get one caller! I've now decided that my chips are all going in nomatter WHAT comes next. The 4s falls! I go all-in and get immediately called by the player to my left. He flips 7-7, for a made set, and I need a diamond to stay alive.

The 8s falls on the river and I'm done in fairly short time!

Mondays are not a good night for me to play cards!

Entries -> 59 - Place -> 58th - Loss -> £110 ($204) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$12985

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home