Wednesday, May 24, 2006

May 23rd - £20+£2 NL Hold'Em - Victoria Club (London)

Ok..so its Tuesday night in West London. Where to play?

The Western Club is currently in the midst of its festival and the £750 event there tonight was too rich for my bankroll. Luton had a 'rookie night'...er no thanks..so it was off down the Vic to play in the £20 NL Hold'Em rebuy tourney.

I was one of 45 runners and let me start by saying that compared to Brighton it all went a bit quick for my liking!

For £20 you get 1000 points! Antes went up every 20 minutes. Urgh!!

Okay...I may have been spoilt getting 1500 points and levels at 30 mins in Brighton but it really didn't feel the same at all.

At the break I had circa 3500 points. I added-on (another £20 for another 1000 points) and got as high as 6300 before the curse of the small pair attacked me again and I finished in 16th place.

The biggest problem I found was that there came a point where that there was NO PLAY LEFT! By that I mean that it was either go all-in and double up or go all-in and lose..as my small pair indicated! With so few chips in play and it taking 15 minutes for a round of the table there really wasn't much more you could do.

I'll have to re-think Tuesday nights as I don't think I had any sort of value at all for my £82 tonight!!

Entries -> 45 - Place -> 16th - Loss -> £82 ($152) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$12953

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home