Monday, May 15, 2006

May 9th - 14th - Various

Since my last update last Tuesday I've had a very poor week by way of results and spent a fortune on buy-ins etc. Luckily for me I won £3k at the Gutshot or by now I'd be worried but it goes to show that if you're not running well then there's little, if anything, you can do about it.

A quick look back on the week then...

Tues 9th May - £20+£2 NL Hold'Em - LCI (Brighton)

No joy at all in this one and burnt through my £100 budget fairly quickly. As always on a Tuesday night you have to gamble it up and hope you hit a couple of hands but no joy for me and I was home by 11pm.

Fri 12th May - £10+£1 NL Hold'Em - LCI (Brighton)
If nothing else I'm continuing to accunulate points for the league which ends on Sunday. I'm in a comfortable 20th spot so the 5 points I picked up for tonight & Tuesday helps to the tune of another 250 start points for next Wed's final.

As for tonights game though another poor showing with again my £100 budget going west fairly quickly. With only 1000 points for a tenner its a case of going all-in every chance you get. In the end I lost a race with 4-4 versus A-Q and so to another early bath.

Sat 13th May - £300+£20 NL Hold'Em - Grosvenor (Luton)

I was really looking forward to this event. Proper play...proper structure...blah blah blah. I lasted 5 hands!

Hand 1 : Got 6c-3h UTG and passed.

Hand 2: Got 4-4 in the BB and called a pre-flop raise to 250 along with two others. Passed to a bet on a K-J-9 flop.

Hand 3: Got 4-4 again in the SB. Called a pre-flop raise to 200 and passed to a bet on the flop of K-6-3.

Hand 4: Got Kh-10c on the button. No raises before back to me and so I flat called the 50. Flop was 9-9-2. Everyone checked. Turn card a 10. Checked around to me again and I bet out 250. Get one caller to my right. River card a King. Player to my right bets 675. I think he's not as strong as my two pair (K's & 10's) so go all-in. He calls and flips K-9! Urgh. I have 475 left!

Hand 5: Got A-Q in LP. One or two flat callers. I go all-in for 475. One caller who flips Qh-7h. Flop is 3h-8h-Jc-5h-9d. TY&GN!

Sun 14th May - £10 NL Hold'Em - Poker4Charity - Western Club

Handing over a cheque for £500 wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. This was the result of a losing bet I had with Joe Beevers, of the Hendonmob, where I'd bet the £500 that Blackburn Rovers would finish 9 points or better than West Ham in the Premier League. As it turned out Blackburn finished EIGHT points better than W.Ham so I had to cough!

To go alongside this 'presentation' there was a charity poker event. The £10 NL Hold'Em attracted around 40 runners and several million rebuys of which I had 20 by which time I'd had enough :)

Sun 14th May - £50+£5 NL Hold'Em - LCI (Brighton)

Final night of the league and another 5 points to my overall total which means I'm in the final 27 for Wed nights final.

I had one rebuy and lost all my chips to a flush draw that got there but couldn't match my opponents higher flush draw.

Lets hope my luck changes for the better in the next few days as I'm back to skintsville again!

Entries -> -- - Place -> --- - Loss -> £931 ($1722) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$10227

(now using £1 = $1.85 as the exchange rate as opposed to £1 = $1.75 prior to this)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home