Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Apr 18th - £20+£2 NL Hold'Em - LCI Club (Brighton)

Tuesday night at the LCI and back to the weekly grind that is. The management there decided they'd made an error in banning me 'wot a surprise' so no bother in getting in today. Apparently I'd been spotted, on camera, lurking with intent by a slot machine. Yeh mate...I was playing the fucker!!

Got news today that it may be a couple more weeks yet before I even GET A DATE as to when my Greek Cypriot freeloader of a tenant will be evicted so it looks like I may get to chance my arm in the league that is currently being run at the LCI till May 14th.

Before tonight started I'm in 29th place and with only the top 27 getting into the freeroll event to take place on Wed 17th May I needed to get some points on the board in double sharp time.

Tonights event was the £20 NL Hold'Em REBUY event and over 60 runners participated. With the usual zest I spunked away £120 in rebuys before the break. That AND a top up meabt I'd spent £162 already and only had 8.5k in chips to show for it. Never mind the game started here!

Early after the break I got down as low at 4k before scambling my way back to 9k and then got moved to another table. Within a few hands of arriving the following hand comes up...

I get A-A in MP. Blinds are 300/600 and without warning the player UTG shoves his last 4k in chips into the middle. I flat call in the hope that someone else behind me has good cards and goes all-in also. I wasn't to be disappointed as the player to my immediate left shoves all HIS chips in (8k) as well. Its passed back around to me and I duly call.

Mr UTG has Qh-9h claiming to be in great shape whilst Mr 'to my left' has 6-6. A flop of 4-4-10-8-4 sends them both home and I'm now in good shape.

Four tables becomes three becomes two and I'm on 24k in chips. With blinds at 2k/4k I call an all-in of 12k with A-J (he holds K-5...duh) and I'm at the final table shortly afterwards with 42k.

With still 9 players I get Ah-8h in LP and raise to 14k. I get one caller. The flop...a luverly 3h-Jh-9h. I check. My opponent bets 15k. I flat call. The turn is the Qh. We both check. The 8c falls on the river and I bet out 10k which is duly called. A gasp of amazement around the table as I flip my cards.

Players start dropping. With blinds upto 4k/8k there are 5 of us left. With blinds at 5k/10k there are 3 of us left. Me, on around 75k. Player A on around 100k and player B on 200k.

I get A-J on the button and go all-in. Its called by player B who feels as though K-7 might win. It doesn't and I double up.

Player B (who was chip leader) suddenly decides to start going all-in most every hand. I wait.

I get 2-2 on the SB and, like before, player B goes all-in for 80k. I call. He flips Ad-10d but when a 2 is the first card off the deck its all over for him.

I now have a 2/1 chip lead against player A and we do a deal. I get £1355 he gets £1100. A profit of £1193 on the night and lots of points on the scoreboard for the league.

Nice!

Entries -> 64 - Place -> 1st - Win -> £1193 ($2088) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$8647

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home