Friday, April 07, 2006

Apr 6th - Satellite Day

Today I had a plan!

Took the day off work and decided to play in the £20 NL Hold'Em satellite into the £750 event in Luton. If I won a seat there I'd hang around and play that. If I didn't I'd head back down to the Fullhouse club in Reigate and play in another £20 NL satellite which would give me a seat in their April 29th £500 FREEZEOUNT event. So how did I do??

Arrived in Luton in plenty of time, despite the 105 mile drive from Brighton, and along with 89 other hopefuls I proceeded to throw money at securing a seat in tonights £750 NL event. At the break I had 10k in chips which considering that we were only given buy-ins of 1k a time wasn't too shabby. Mind you I was helped by a Mr Johnson who called my all-in bet of 2200 on a board of A-6-10 (I had A-7) with nothing more than K-4! (I still don't know why??)

After the break it was a case of holding on really. There were 11 seats on offer and players dropped like flys. With ante increases every 15 minutes it only took us another 2 hours to drop to 2 tables. Sixteen of us left and I had 13k. Just had to hang on!!

With blinds at 1k/2k I gave them up on the first round of the level. I was at 10k...14 left...11 seats!! Another few hands go by and I look down to see 10-10. Now for those of you who read this blog regularly you'll know that I've had NO luck at all with 10-10 recently either in playing with them or against them. So what did I do??? All-in of course!

I'm in MP when I do this. But whats this??? The player to my immediate left goes all-in for 14k and the BB is all-in for 20K. Mr 'Immediate Left' has Q-Q, Mr BB has K-K!! How bloody unlucky was that??

I'm out in 14th spot just 3 from a seat. Its 6.45pm and I head back south to Reigate.

Only 2 tables (18 runners) in the Reigate satellite event but thats okay cos I'm a better player than most at Reigate anyway so having to finish in the top 2 to get a seat at the £500 event wasn't going to be THAT tough...right!!

At the break I was chip leader having got very lucky on one or two suck-outs. I gave a few chips back (well half really) calling an all-in with Kc-Qc against A-K (lucky fart) but managed to knock out two players on the hand just before the final when my K-J got the better of 9-9 and A-5 when a Jack fell on the river!

So 8 of us left and I am chip leader. Being chip leader means you make more marginal calls against the lesser stacks. I did this on several ocassions. Some successful. Some not!

With four of us left I was okay in chips. With 3 of us left I was 3rd in chips.

Mr chip monster was calling every blind and bet going, as he should, so it was a toss-up as to whether or not I was to be 2nd or 3rd.

Didn't have to wait long. Mr 'other short stack' went all-in for 12k holding A-J. Mr 'Chip Monster' called with K-5...flop...8-7-6-10-KING!!

I finish 2nd...secure my seat and its been a good day! Only cost me £60 for tonight as well!

Entries -> ??? - Place -> !!! - Win -> £318 ($557) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$7014

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home