Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Apr 4th - £20+£2 NL Hold'Em - LCI Club (Brighton)

When the 55/45 shots dont come off in your favour then you can kiss goodbye to your chips. Thats how it was tonight in the £20 rebuy event at LCI.

Having built a nice stack up to around 30k with 17 players left I got decimated on 2 hands where I went in as clear favourite but ended up with zippo.

Fifty six runners for tonights game then (down from almost 70 last week - I blame Luton) and with only one buy-in and a top up to my name I started part 2 of the game in fine shape with 10k in chips.

Ten became twenty as I called an all-iner with J-J. He held A-9 but no Ace came to save his stack.

Twenty became thirty with some good bluffs and I looked good for a spot at the final table.

Of course once you get to two tables the shorter stacks are just going all-in. There is little, if any, play to speak of so in order to move up to the 'bigger' stack rankings you have to put your chips in play when you think that these 55/45 shots are available!

My first chance of doing this came when holding 9s-9c in LP. A player went all-in for 13k and I called. He flipped Qd-Jd and off to the races we went. The flop brought 8s-3s-4s cutting my opponents outs to 4. One of which he hit on the turn (Qc) and so I'm now at 17k.

About a half dozen hands later I get 3-3 in LP. Usually I'd pass these to a large raise but when a player from MP went all-in for 20k and just me to go I decided to gamble. He flipped A-K so I'm favourite to double through but a King on the flop sent me home for the night!

If I'd have won these two hands I'd be a good favourite for some serious prizemoney. On such slight indifferences we all play by!

Entries -> 56 - Place -> 16th - Loss -> £62 ($109) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$6457

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home