Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Mar 20th - £30+£3 NL Hold'Em - LCI Club (Brighton)

There are several 'skills' required in order to be a decent Hold'Em player. One is to try and take advantage of situations where free chips could be on offer! My downfall in tonights £30 NL Hold'Em game at the LCI came about because of this!

Only 30 runners tonight and I got off to a flyer when I doubled through some bloke who thought that his K-5 was great on a flop of J-K-7-6-10. I held J-10 so that was nice.

My initial luck didn't hold though as I then slowly got ante'd away or I couldn't hit my cards after the flop etc. I drifted down to 1k when I bought in again so was back to 3k. I then get moved table.

This table proved much more productive in terms of chip capture and at the break I had 8500 and decided against a top-up for another £30.

Straight after the break I get 10-10 in MP and raise to 2k. (Blinds were noe 200/400) I get one caller to my left and have to lay the hand down on a flop of Kc-9c-7c-4d after my opponent got a bit aggressive on the turn card.

My chip stack then continued to drift between 4k-8k for the next hour. One guy at our table had 40k in chips and decided, just prior to his BB, to go to the loo. As I'd be on the button when his BB got thrown in and blinds were at 300-600 I saw an opportunity to grab the 900 that would be out there if no-one else raised before the action got back to me.

Pass, Pass, Pass. Pass, Pass. Its now my turn and I hadn't looked at my cards. 'All-In', I declared pushing 5200 into the middle and hoping that would be that. The SB looked at his cards and then sat back in his chair.

'I don't like this', he said, 'but I have to call', and flipped 8-8. As I hadn't seen my cards I took a deep breath and flipped them over. SIX-THREE!!!

Well I had to larf! And larf I did...all the way home!

In poker timing is sometimes everything. Not today then!!

Entries ->30 - Place -> 19th - Loss -> £63 ($110) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$2896

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home