Thursday, March 02, 2006

Feb 28th - £20+£2 NL Hold'Em - LCI Club (Brighton)

There is always a chance that on any given night during any given game Murphys Law becomes a reality. You know what I'm talking about...whatever CAN go wrong WILL go wrong!

Well tonight my £100 budget for the nights play was crippled and gone in 40 minutes after beat after beat sucked all my chips along with 4 rebuys. It was then off down to Wimpys to forget my sorrows with a Quarterpounder & chips.

Initial chips : - Missed flush

Rebuy 1 : My A-A got cracked by J-10. I initially raised to 300 and got two callers. Flop came J-K-7. I bet 500 and get both callers. Turn is a Queen. I go all-in and one player calls me with his J-10. River is a 9 to complete his straight.

Rebuy 2 : My K-Q all-in preflop bet is called by player with A-K.

Rebuy 3 : My all-in call with Q-J, multiple pot entries, gets beat by K-10 on a board of 5-K-Q-9-6.

Rebuy 4 : I'm all-in after the flop of 6-9-Q holding K-9 and get caller by player holding 8-7. Turn is a 7, river an 8 and its goodnight from me!

Now you might say that the above 'losses' were hardly Murphys Law but then again I haven't mentioned how my 'folded' hands would be the pot winners if I'd have played them.

My 'worst' beat of the night came when, having won my solitary pot of the game, I'm on the BB with 10s-3s. Four of us see a flop of Qs-Ac-7s. Theres a bet of 500 and me + another player call. The luverly (yes I spelt it that way on purpose) 5s came off on the turn. Original bettor bets 1000 and I, along with the other player flat call. I'm praying for no spade on the river but the Js falls off.

I bet another 1000 but know I'm beaten when an opponent goes all-in for 1100. I call and he flips the As-10h. Nightmare!

Entries -> 73 - Place -> ??? - Loss -> £102 ($178) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$1462

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home