Saturday, February 18, 2006

Feb 17th -€50+€10 No Limit Hold'Em - Fitzwilliam (Dublin)

Tonight I got back in the winners circle after a series of bouts in the last two tables. I finished 7th and won €210. It could, of course, be better and of course it could have been worse so I aint complaining! Mind you the way I went out was VERY unlucky but more about that in a mo!

The evening began quite brightly. My 2400 points soon became 4k and I was in no danger of getting carried away with any excitement. Just another day at the office really! I then proceeded to lose all the 4k I'd gained in a multi-way pot that somehow I'd got myself involved with so it was rebuy time before I knew it!

At the break I had got myself back up to around 6k so all was not lost!

Again, after the break, I proceeded to make headway until I got to around the 12k mark and then abuptly stopped. A run of hand holdings so bad I couldn't even then see a flop for the best part of an hour beset me. Not to worry though as we were now down to 2 tables. As usual there were monster stacks all around. I had 11k left when, with antes now at 1k-2k, I finally get a decent enough hand to go all-in on. A pair of 10's. It got all the way back to the player to my immediate right who had a mountain of chips. He hummed and arred and finally called with 7-7. No improvement for him and soon after it was final table time. I now had 28k in chips!

I drew seat 7 which meant I could wait for a while but the cards were terrible for round 1 and I had to let 4.5k go in antes.

Round 2 and the antes had moved to 2k-4k. We'd lost two bods and on the SB I get 9-9. A player, from across the table, flat called the ante so rather than dump my chips off straight away I thought I'd see a flop and hope for the best. Nice flop, or so it seemed, of 4-4-5, and I immediately went all-in! 'Call', came the voice of the BB and with him being a blind I knew he'd picked up a 4. The other player passed and I flipped my 9's whilst he flipped his BB special and 4-3.

No 9 for me and it was 7th place! Thats all the play at the Fitz for a while. I start a new job in London on Monday so I'll see you all at Brighton, where I'm staying for a while, for the next couple of weeks! Should be fun!

Entries -> 63 - Place -> 7th - Win -> €100 ($120) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$1846

1 Comments:

At 2:27 am, Blogger Chief_OHara said...

Why didn't you push with the 99 ?

You would only have taken the blinds but you'd still be in in the tourney.

You can't play post flop poker with 99 and 4BB's

 

Post a Comment

<< Home