Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Jan 9th - €100+€10 NL Hold'Em - Fitzwilliam (Dublin)

Its not all bad! I think my last post was the result of just what donkeys you find yourself up against in this game we love so much and the fact is that more donkeys = more luck required to win anything!

Luckily Monday night at the Fitz has few, if any, donkeys playing which generally means that the game is played to a more standard fashion. You know the sort...there's a raise followed by several folds. More donkeys = more callers!

Anyway I started the evening not getting very lucky when my 9-9 got sucked out on when an opponent went all-in with A-9. Ok...he only had 600 points left but from a start of 4k I was now down to 3300. My next venture into the middle was to call another all-iner for 650 points with J-10. He held A-K, fair enough, but I hit a 10 on the flop but AGAIN got sucked out on the river when an Ace appeared. Boo...hiss!!

Ok...so I'm on the button when I get Kh 8h and decide to try and thin the field so raise to 500 with antes at 50/100 still. I get two callers! Flop is 6h-9h-Jh. Oooooo nice! I bet 500, once its checked to me, but an opponent then goes all-in. Of course I call and he flips the Ah. I sweat the turn and the river and get through. Back up to 4k.

My luck then starts to change. I hit a good flush, again, and get paid. I hit trip Aces and get paid by another player who also had trip Aces but a smaller kicker. It was all toodling along nicely!.

Three tables left and I get 9-9 in LP, and with blinds at 200/400, I raise to 2k. I get one caller. Flop is 6-7-10 rainbow. Not the worst flop in the world for me. Its checked to me so I lauch an all-iner! "I call", says my opponent as he flips 7-7 for a set. Oops! Not to worry though as an EIGHT pops out on the river and my opponent growls! Bout time I say.

And so to the final table. I have 25k, which is never threatened, and with three of us left I pick up Ad-6h on the BB. The SB completes and I go all-in only to find the SB has slow played K-K! Ah well...a 30% chance it is then. It doesn't come but I'm a €600 winner and so about almost quits for the year so far!

Stupid game!!

Entries -> 50 - Place -> 3rd - Win -> €490 ($588) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> -$162

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home