Monday, January 09, 2006

Jan 8th - €250+€25 NL Hold'Em - Citywest (Dublin)

I was very much hoping to play in the €1000 event over this past weekend but what with just having spent 3 weeks in Florida I find I'm fairly well skint at the moment so had to settle for this lower priced event instead.

For the first 5 levels, up till the break, I couldn't get going. I found no hands that I could really get involved with and at the break I had 8200 from a start point of 6000. From then on though things got interesting...

Shortly after the break and with blinds at 200/400 I get Ah-Kh on the button. There's a raise to 2000 and a call. I decide to plant my tree and go all-in for around 7.5k. I get one caller by a guy from Wexford who for some reason or another seemed to hate the idea of passing ANY Ace and flipped A-10. No salvation for him and I'm suddenly sitting pretty with around 16k. It wasn't to last!

I get Ac-Qd UTG and, in most situations like this, I flat call and hope there's a raise later on. None came and four of us saw a flop of 4d-8d-10c. Its checked around and we see the turn card (Ad) arrive. I bet out 1200 and fully expect to take down the pot but some smeaky person, in the SB, raises me to 3k.

The way I looked at it was that he COULD have the flush already but was more likely holding a weaker Ace than me. I decided to put him to the test and went all-in. He called straight away and flipped Jd-6d. I held the Qd so still had outs but the 6h fell on the river and I was back down to 8k.

What happened next though will go down as suck-out of the year.

I hold 9-9 in MP and to be fair I'm still a little on tilt after losing the A-Q pot so rather that feck about I go all-in figuring I either double up again or die. The SAME player who called me earlier with the A-10 decides to call me again. This time he has A-5.

The flop is 2-3-4 and he makes a straight. I couldn't believe it!!

Needless to say I couldn't get out of jail and that was that.

Who thought of this game???

Entries -> 242 - Place -> 178th - Loss -> €275 ($330) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> -$750

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home