Monday, December 05, 2005

Dec 2nd - €50+€10 NL Hold'Em - Fitzwilliam (Dublin)

A bit of a YO-YO night really. I'd win a nice few chips then, within the next two or three hands, I'd lose them all back again. Got an early coo when my 10s-4s BB holding turned into a full house on the river. Some bloke was betting like mad at the flop and the turn and just couldn't believe I'd played 'that bollux' but hey...I'll take them wherever I can get them!

Two hands later I ran into an Ace high flush as opposed to my King high flush so that was all the chips I'd just won back across the table.

At the break I'd just used my rebuy and so had 3k in chips. The same scenario then played out as last week as I waited for a good strong hand then lumped all-in hoping for a double up. I got two and was upto around 10k and then the following hand came up...

Holding A-Q in LP and with blinds at 300/600 there was an initial raise to 2500. I felt as though the raiser was not THAT strong but I opted to call and see a flop. The play got passed around to the UTG player who then decided to lump all-in for 5k. The original raiser then sat back in his chair and thought...and thought...and thought! Undoubtedly he was weaker than I'd originally thought and so when he finally decided to call for all HIS chips (5.2k) I knew I had a great chance of a treble up as the UTG player was obviously attempting to play any two cards and get lucky!

I called the extra 3.2k and the cards were flipped. Mr UTG had A-J and Mr Original Raiser held 9-9. Oh well any Queen would do!! The flop came 3-6-8-4-2 and I'd lost out on a 15k+ pot! Argh!! I then proceeded to go card dead!

I'd call the initial raise with my drawing hands but couldn't connect to anything. With blinds at 500/1000 and my chip stack down to 6k I took a chance on calling an all-in bet with Q-J for 4k. My opponent had A-J and I couln't catch a Queen and so was virtually down to the felt.

Last hand of the night I went all-in with Qh-7h for 2k and got 4 callers. The flop was J-9-9-Q-4. Some bugger had a 9. Fecker!!

70 Entries - 24th - Loss $126 (€110) - Acc. Total +$4878

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home