Monday, November 21, 2005

Nov 18th-21st - Various Events

Ok. Three poker tournaments to tell you about in this blog, none of which provided any winnings but hey you can't win them all!

Fri 18th - €50+€10 NL Hold'Em - Fitzwilliam Club (Dublin)
A so-so night at the tables in Dublin with my actually managing not to have the add-on until the prescribed time (at the break). Shortly after the break and with around 8k in chips I get dealt Ks-Kc in MP. There's a raise to 400 just before me and so I, and another player, flat call. The flop is Jh-9h-3h. The original raiser, who's first to bet, fires out a 1200 bet. I raise it to 3000 and the third player, after some deliberation, flat calls my 3k bet.

Surprise surprise though...the original raiser now goes all-in for 8500 and I immediately call. The third guy drops out but flips over the 6h-4h moaning about his luck! The original raiser now flips the Qs-Qc and I'm jumping up and down like a good-un! No Queen to save my opponent and I'm upto almost 20k and looking good again for another good finish!

It doesn't happen though and I go card dead finally gambling it up with my Qc-Jc on a flop og 9-5-3. Unfortunately for me an opponent (beginner obviously :) ) calls me with 4-4 and I don't hit my outs so I am! (Out that is) My 1 scalp means I lose €100 here!!

58 Entries - 32nd - Loss $120 (€100) - Acc. Total +$4293

Sun 20th - $50+$5 (Rebuy) NL Hold'Em - (Stan James Poker)

Tonight started with a $100,000 guarantee event on Stan James. 130 got paid and 781 started. I re-bought immediately (giving me a stack of 3k) and off we went! With an immediate battering (my K-J got squashed by A-Q on a flop of K-J-5) I found myself back down to 1600. This got trebled up though when my Kh-5h flopped a flush and two other players flopped two pair and after 1 hour of play I was on 8k in chips. I then top up so I'm on 10k when play recommences!

After hour 2 I had 11k but with the chip leader, at this time, only on 35k I certainly wasn't out of it. With 175 players left I still had 10k but then got badly caught out when I launched with Ac-10c only to get called by a desperate player holding Q-10. He made a straight (bah, humbug)! I struggle on but with blinds at 1200/2400 I'm forced all-in holding another A-10. Flop is K-10-7 and I have a chance of getting through but the SB has K-4 and I'm out in 143rd place! Arghhh!

781 Entries - 143rd - Loss $155 - Acc. Total +$4138

Sun 20th - $200+£15 NL Hold'Em (Pokerstars)

There were 3314 runners tonight and towards the end of hour 1 I'd not seen any hands at all and was already down to $1980 from a start point of $2500. I get Kc-Qc in LP and once a player raises to 400 I decide to crash the party and go all-in. The SB wakes up with As-Ks (always the way) and raises all-in. I automatically call and hit a Queen on the flop. My opponent wasn't too happy but heh...thats cards. At the end of hour 1 I have $4360.

In hour 2 I meet my demise. Holding 7-7 in LP I raise to 600 and get the player to my left calling. The flop comes K-4-5 and I check. My opponent bets $150 and I sense weakness so I go all-in. He calls with K-K (as you would) and I'm staggering! A short while later and I get Jc-10c so decide to lump in for all my remaining chips. Of course the SB has A-K (again) and I can't improve.

A duff weekend at the tables then!

3314 Entries - 1753rd - Loss $215 - Acc. Total +$3923

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home