Monday, November 07, 2005

Nov 4th - €50+€10 NL Hold'Em - Fitzwilliam (Dublin)

I've been playing pretty well recently. No doubt about it! I've been unlucky in the last week or so when I finished one of the prize pool last Friday night and two off the prize pool last Wed night. Tonight it all came together!

With the opening of Dublins newest club now a couple of weeks old I resisted the temptation to see what all the fuss was about and went down to the Fitz for the weekly €50 game there. Fifty eight runners in all so the new club, whilst taking perhaps a dozen or so off the event, does not seem to have destroyed it!

I won tonights 'suck-out' contest 3-1. Probably my worst suck-out came when I was all-in with Ad-5s against a pair of 6's and a pair of Queens. The flop came 9s-Qs-4s-8s-Jc and I'd trebled up. Another great suck-out came when I held Jd-Jh against Q-Q and T-T. Again a four-diamond flop gave me the flush and the writing seemed to be on the wall!

I got to the break with around 7k in chips.

I started to get some very nice starting hands after the break. My K-K took in around 8k from a non-believer. My A-A found a set on the flop and I got paid off again. All in all things were looking good.

I made straights, flushes, full-houses. Infact by the time the final table came around I had 90k in chips with my nearest challenger on 40k. It was just a question of sitting and waiting.

With five of us left I get dealt A-K and call a raise, from 2nd chip leader, of 10k. The flop comes a dreamy A-K-7 and my opponent, who's first to bet, bets out another 10k. I raise to 20k and he calls. A NINE falls on the turn and he goes all-in. I, of course call, and he flips A-10...drawing dead...and I'm now pretty much home & hosed.

I do a deal at the end with the guy who has 1/3rd of my stack so I get €1700 whilst he gets €1300. That, along with the €100 I get in SCALPS (bounties), gives me a nice chunk of change.

Nice to be back in the winners circle!

58 entries - 1st - Win $2160 (€1800) - Acc. Total - +$4208

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home