Friday, November 04, 2005

Doing ones bollux!

As with most bloggers in the world I take great interest in other peoples blogs who carry the same interest as I do...poker. I have several blog links in my 'favourites' list one of which is Daniel Negreanu's a Canadian born player who I've known for a few years now as he wrote an article for an edition of the World Poker Diary.

His recent journals on his website have discussed him playing in a high stakes 'cash' game for TV where the money, and therefore the winnings & losses, is real. In TWO days of play he's been candid enough to admit that he's lost a total of over $447,000.

Now me, as a small time player, £20 this / €50 that, is AMAZED at this! Why I should be I don't really know...after all he must have it to start with...its his money...and if he should want to piss it all away on the turn of a card then thats upto him.

Am I jelous? Probably! I'm sure there's nothing more I'd like to do that turn up at a poker game, whip out $1M bucks (as Dan has professed to doing) and saying 'ok guys...lets play!'.

If I go play in a cash game (which I rarely do) I'll sit down with 100-200 of the currency I'm playing in and be sure to get up if, and when, I get to 1000 or more. That, to me, is having a great night! How I'd cope with losing $400k within 48 hours is anyones guess.

Each to his own though and good luck to him but I'm dam sure its easier to drop back down to a 10/20 game than it is a 1000/2000!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home