Monday, October 24, 2005

Oct 23rd - Bloggers Championship (Pokerstars)

Since having a punt on Willy Hills a couple of weeks back I've been resting my wallet (as it needed one) but tonight was one event I'd been looking forward too since it was announced earlier this month.

The first BLOGGERS championship took place on Pokerstars with 100 people getting something, out of 1472 starters.

For the first hour it was just a case of working my way up the $ ladder. We all started with 2000 points and with the number of no shows approaching the 20% mark it meant that our table was pretty much short handed for the first 90 mins of play.

So...after hour 1 I'd weedled my way upto $4k in chips with no all-ins and no drama. Of course there always comes a time when you're faced with the 50/50 'all-in' fests and hour 2 provided two such incidents.

I'd got upto 6k in chips when I'm dealt A-K in mid position and, with blinds at 150/300, I raise to 1200. The button, with 4k in chips, goes all in and I call to see him with Qd-10d.

The flop of J-K-6 puts me in the lead but, as usual, a gut wrenching Ace falls on the turn to make Mr underdogs straight and me down to 2K.

I get aggressive then and move my chips upto 4k again before I get 10-10. A player goes all-in for 6k, I call, he has A-K but this time I avoid bother and now I'm upto 8k and okay again for now!

Hour 3 begins and we're down to approx 240 players. I get A-Q in EP and raise to 1200. Player with 5-5 goes all-in for 2k. No help for me and I'm back to 6k again.

One round later and I AGAIN get A-Q in EP. Again I raise to 1200 and again I'm raised, this time all-in, by the player immediately to my left. With 4800 left I fire I'm once again up against a small-mid pair and so I call hoping to get lucky. He flips A-K and when a KING falls on the flop I'm out in 228th place!

Well it was fun while it lasted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home