Monday, October 03, 2005

Sept 30th - €50+€10 NL Hold'Em - Fitzwilliam (Dublin)

Of course in any game of poker there are a million ways to lose and just a few to win. Choose the wrong path and its over...just like that. My demise tonight came abut through of those rare occurences than afflict us all from time to time...euphoria!

Having just doubled my chip stack from 6k to 12k I looked down to see an even BETTER hand than the one I'd just doubled through with. I went all-in, got called and...er...well that was that really!

Earlier on I'd used my rebuy option when holding a pair of 6's. A flat call from a small raise and a flop of 3-4-5 meant that my money was all-in. My opponent held a pair of Kings so he wasn't going anywhere. I didn't improve so it was rebuy time!

With a 3k rebuy and antes still low I piced my way through the field. Seventy runners started and we were down to 4 tables (36) when I get Ad-7c on the BB. Antes at this stage were 300/600 and there were 4 limpers into the pot. Usually when this scenario happens it usually means that nobody has much so I decided to try and grab all the antes that were out there and so lauched all-in for 5k.

Pass..pass..pass.call! Feck! Nearly through. It was old man Paddy that called me with his K-10. I had him covered in chips so I can understand why he called. I prayed no King & no Ten! My prayers were answered and I wished Paddy all the best, stacked up my newly gotton chips and looked down at the next hand.

I was now SB and found Ac Tc. Throughout the excitement of doubling my chip stack I hadn't been paying attention to what was going on. A player in EP had flat called! In an earlier blog I recalled being caught out by an EP player flat calling a high ante bet then happily calling once I'd lauched my chips into the pot!

Of course my Ac Tc looked golden so once everyone else had passed I just saw that it was me and the BB and so went all-in! Of course the BB passed but the EP player, who had me covered in chips, called and flipped J-J.

Doh...caught again! No Ace on the flop and I was out. From extacy to exit in one minute & two hands! Dohhhhhhh!

70 Entries - 35th - Loss $132 (€110) - Acc. Total +$2732

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home