Monday, September 12, 2005

Sept 9th - €50+€10 NL Hold'Em - Fitzwilliam (Dublin)

The jolly Jacks got in the way again of my progression in tonights €50 No Limit game at the Fitz. I finished 27th out of 70 starters and was aggrieved that, once again, some do-do decided that his A-4 was good to go. Arggggh!

It had all started so well. Five hands in and I get AA. With blinds at 25/50 I raised to 400 and got one caller, Vernon, who'll call just about anything early in the game. The flop came 10-5-2, I stuck in a 1200 bet and he passed.

A few hands later and I get KK. Again I raise to 400 and again Uncle Vernon calls. The flop comes Q-9-8 and I bet 1200 again. This time Vernon goes all-in behind me. I, of course, call and Vernon shows J-9. A miracle 10 appears on the turn and I've lost a good chunk of change!

My fortunes fluctuated from then on and I never really got going. At the break, and with the buy-in, I'd managed to creep up to 6k in points. After the break though I just couldn't catch any cards but instead of my normal gung-ho attitude in losing all my chips to the dumbest hand I could find I was content, for a while, to be anted away.

With blinds at 300/600 I managed to double through with 9-10 versus A-8 when a 9 fell on the flop. With blinds at 400/800 and with only 3600 left I was looking to push and, in EP, I looked down to see JJ.

No waiting as I went all-in. In a way I always hoped that someone WILL call as I did need to double up and with 1200 in blinds + the 3600 someone would have to call me with it meant that I'd have 8400 if successful. Someone DID call!

He flipped the Ad-4d. With BOTH an Ace AND a Four on the flop I was drawing pretty thin and that was that really.

Those Jacks though are a pain in the arse!!

70 Entries - 27th - Win $0 Loss $198 (€120) - Acc. Total +423.64

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home