Monday, August 15, 2005

Aug 14th - $200+$15 NL Hold'Em - Pokerstars

Grrr! That really sums up my night on this game! Even though I finished in 220th place for a $488 prize I was robbed by some dumb player calling my all-in bet with K-Q o/s. Before I get to that though a bit more about my evening!

There were 3188 runners for tonights event! The best I've ever done in the Sunday night game is 18th in the days when 1800 runners was a massive game. Now the entry has almost doubled and its tough out there. Having said that the prize money now goes down to 335th place or something like that so its great value if you can get that far.

At the end of hour 1 I'd barely budged and was on 2800. By the end of hour 2 I'd clawed my way upto 7k and shortly after that I got upto 10k. I got extremely lucky when I went all-in for 3500 with Jh-10h and got called by AK. The flop came A-A-8 (one heart) and I looked dead and buried. The flop then plopped another two hearts and I was back in business. I then went card dead. With antes approaching 1000/2000 the players were dropping fast and I managed to creep into the money spots with 4800 left. I then get moved table and things started to happen.

In MP I raised all-in for my 4600 in chips and, with blinds now at 1500/3000 I get the BB, with a mountain of chips calling me with 10-3. I hit my Ace and I have 11k. Two hands later I get QQ. Again I go all-in and get one caller with 9-9. No 9 hits and I'm upto 27k and looking to get further up the prize ladder. Players were dropping fast and I now get AA on the SB.

The button, with a mountain of chips, attempts the usual button raise to 8k. I go all-in for my 27k and surprise surprise the BB follows me all in as well for some 24k. The button drops and we flip. He has K-Q o/s. I'm busy counting my 60k in chips when the flop comes K-Q-8-T-K and I'm out!

What I don't get is why anyone would call off 24k of their chips when there had been a raise and a re-raise all-in before the action ever got to him! As I said earlier...Grrrrr!

3188 Entries - 220th - Win - $273 - Loss $0 - Acc. Total -$161.11

RSS Feed : http://ukpokerukpoker.blogspot.com/atom.xml

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home