Thursday, July 28, 2005

July 27th - £20 NL Hold'Em - Cavendish Club (Belfast)

There are, of course, ocassions in every poker players life where nomatter WHAT you do it just doesn't seem to happen for you. Tonight was one such time.

I had 8 re-buys before, thankfully, running out of money and left the game just before the break. After last weeks miracle run from 5K in chips to 100k in chips I couldn't repeat the feat and so was out on my ear before I could even get to the add-on.

The thing about the £20 rebuy games is that nomatter how you play your hand there always seems to be 2 or 3 callers, even on a table of 8, and with 6 ''live cards' against you most of the time it became a lottery every time I went to war.

A great example of this came when I held 8s 7s. With antes at 100/200 4 of us saw the flop, for 500 each, of 7h 3s Js. A pretty much perfect flop for my cards! I was in MP and checked hoping that one of the later players would launch so I could re-raise and get the rest of my chips into the middle. Everybody checked behind me.

The Kh fell next. Again it was checked to me and I bet 2k. TWO callers. The Qd fell next thereby killing virtally any chance I have of winning the hand but I called the EP's last few chips anyway. He showed KQ and that was that.

Other notable hands...

My AJ got squshed by A9. My A2 got squashed by Q3!!!!!!. My AQ got smacked by QT!!!!!!

and so on and so on.

No siree...on nights like this just give up and go home...once you've run out of money that is!

44 Entries - 40th - Win $0 - Loss -$315 - Acc. Total +$57.89

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home