Monday, August 01, 2005

July 29th - €50+€10 HL Hold'Em - Fitzwilliam Club

Barf! Thats the only word I can think of to say about tonights tournament at the Fitz! This was my first live game down there for a good while and I couldn't find a pot to piss in!

With it being part of the 'festival weekend' the Fitz were allowing everyone to have 3 rebuys or 2 rebuys and a top up. My early failure to hit cards meant that I was in the hole for the €210 after just an hour and even though I recovered to have around 8k at the break I just couldn't find those meaningful hands to get lucky with!

My first buy-in went west when my A-K 'all-in' bet on a flop of 4-6-10 was called by a player holding Q-10. This was despite the fact I'd raised a good chunk from the off...some people!

My second buy-in got done when my A-J got scorched by 7-7 after an A-J-7 flop! Ho Hum!

My third buy-in got bolloxed when I overplayed 44. Serves me right I suppose.

And so to my final buy-in! I get A-Q and raise to 500. One caller. Flop comes Q-Q-10 and I get paid off at the end by a non-believer!

I get paid off again when I'm holding Qh-10h and get a flop of 10-10-7 and I'm upto my high point of 8k. Break time!

With so many buy-ins its a humungous prize pool. There were 99 runners so I was hoping to get a piece of it! Ha!

After the break I try to get lucky with KQ but no good. I try to get lucky with A-Q but no good and so on and so on.

My final hand comes holding 8c-9c. I'm in MP and raise to 1000 (blinds are 150/300). I get two callers. Flop comes 6-7-3. 'All-in', I announce and I immediately get called by player holding 9-9. Never mind...I still have outs!

The out I got was the door as I didn't hit my 'wanted' list! As I said earlier...Barf!

99 Entries - 58th - Win $0 Loss -$252 - Acc. Total -$194.11

*Playing in a $10 R+A event on Pokerstars on Saturday 30th I finished 4th and got $1877. First prize paid $6800. I was chip leader with 4 to go but my Ac-Jc got smashed up by A-A and that cost me half my chips. Three hands later I get J-J, raise all-in and get called by SAME player who's holding A-A AGAIN! Who says that online poker is fixed?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home