Thursday, August 18, 2005

Aug 17th - £20 NL Hold'Em - Cavendish Club (Belfast)

I limit myself to 5 rebuys in these tournaments. I fugur if I can't get moving with 11.5k in chips I may as well not bother any more. Tonight was one of those nights!

With the usual 1500 points to start it was a fairly quiet start. I get AA, in LP, on the third hand of the night and get 1000 points from a player who initially raised to 500. I reraised to 1000 and he called. A flop of Q-3-5 brought about an all-in bet from me and my opponent folded.

After that though it was all downhill for the next 90 minutes. My AK got beat up by AQ. A King arrived on the river along with a 10-J-6-4 flop. My opponent called and showed the broadway! Doh! My top pair got beaten up for all my rebought chips to a 6-outer on the river etc etc.

No siree...it just wasn't happening!

With my last rebuy of the night I'd gotton lucky in a fairly big pot. Holding 9c-10c & with 3 other callers for 1000 points each we see a flop of J-Q-3. Its checked around to me...I go all-in..and everyone passed. Amazing. Anyway this got me upto around 6k in chips and I was beginning to have hope again! Then this happened...

I get 7s-4s on the BB. Blinds are 150/300. Two players call before a MP player raises to 1000. One player calls before a LP player goes all-in for 1400. The Button calls as does the SB, me, the two original callers and the original raiser. Massive pot time.

Flop is 2s-3s-4c. I'm counting the cash and go all-in for another 4k or so. I get one caller. All in all there's about 20k in the middle!! The player to call me flips 6c-6s and I'm sweating for a card to win it for me! The all-in guy from before the flop shows A-K.

The turn brings the 4h, giving me trip fours. I bang the table. Surely I must win now?? But nooooooooooo...the 5h falls on the river giving Mr 6's the scoop and I KNOW its time to go home!!

54 Entries - 45th - Win - $0 - Loss $216 (£120) - Acc. Total -$377.11

RSS Feed : http://ukpokerukpoker.blogspot.com/atom.xml

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home