Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Sept 7th - Generic Thoughts

After spending a couple of weeks away from live play I'm now back at work and ready to go! Problem is that I'm currently working in Lisburn N.I and if you think I, as a brit, am going anywhere near Belfast City Centre on a night when the England football team are playing up the road then you're very much mistaken so I'll have to wait till Friday and the Fitz for my next live game!

On the 'online' front I've been pottering away on the $5/$10/$20 Pokerstars tournies with a little success. On Monday night I turned $5 into $117 by finishing 5th in a Omaha H/L game and last night I doubled my $62 entry fees by finishing 35th in the $20 NL Hold'Em rebuy tourny.

Other than that its been very quiet on my own 'play' front!

I've been catching up on players blogs. Its always interesting to read how player A pissed away £18k in one week while attempting to play in 5 'big money' UK events whilst player B flies half way around the world to do the same thing!

Are these guys on crack?

Admittedly to be a professional these days you need a bankroll the size of Sudans economy to partake what with WSOP this and WPT that but its all getting a bit silly. Ten years ago the biggest tournament would be a £1k buy-in and would happen once a year in London. Now even the remotest parts of the UK are running £5k events like they were going out of fashion. Well guess what...they are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home