Monday, September 26, 2005

Sept 25th - $100+$9 No Limit Hold'Em - Celebpoker

To be fair here this was a good tournament. The blinds got a little crazy after about 3 hours but I was just glad to still be in the unning at this time. Antes ran at 12 minute levels and with a $50k guarantee in place it was never really in danger as 616 ponied up the $100 for a prize pool of over $61K.

Players from the UK were very much in short supply and the tournament was very 'Euro' dominated. Not that that made much difference to the play of course.

Celebpoker is one of the newer skins out there and the times I've played on there I've done okay. Tonight was to be no different. My big hands held up, as did most other players, although the usual K6 v AA would end in defeat for the AA with a K-K-x flop. Not my hand I hasten to add.

From a start point of 2500 I rivered a straight early on which took me up to 3900 points. My AA picked up another 2k, my KK the same and I was moving along nicely. One poor aspect of the tournament 'scoreboard' on Celebpoker was that it couln't keep up to well with the game and the number of players left in play wasn't represented correctly. I didn't realise this will the board showed as 114 players left whilst in reality there were only 81.

Sixty got paid and I squeaked into the money when my all-in bet (for 8k with QQ) went uncalled and with blinds at 1600/3200 this was a major help!

Blinds went up again...2k/4k. After the 4 hr break they were at 3k/6k and I really had only one move left...all-in!

I get 9-9 UTG and deposit my 14k in chips. Get called in THREE spots. Great if I connect...which I didn't as a player behind me slow played QQ and won the lot once the third Queen had appeared on the river!

I picked up $339 for 29th place whilst the winner went onto get $15k. One of these days!!

616 entries - 29th - Win $230 - Acc. Total +$2867

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home