Thursday, November 03, 2005

Nov 2nd - £20 NL Hold'Em - Cavendish Club (Belfast)

Doh & Double Doh! With 12 players left, 10 getting paid, and blinds at 3000/6000 I held 37k in chips and really under no pressure at all. With at least 3 short stacks at my table it looked as though I'd get to the final table with ease...who was I kidding!

I always attend these 'rebuy' tournies with £120. Thats the initial buy-in, 4 rebuys and the extra £20 for the top up for which you now get 5000 in chips extra. This is an absolute MUST BUY so its better to conserve early than go gung-ho.

First hand of the night I get 88. All my chips go in on a flop of Jc-10c-7c. (I hold the 8c). I'm called by player with A-J and couldn't catch another club. REBUY!!

A few hands later I'm all-in again with JJ. Get called by player with A-7. Ance Ace on the flop! REBUY!

Thirty minutes late I get 22 in late position and go all-in. Get called by player holding A-Q. An Ace on the river! REBUY!

Another thirty minutes later I get 10-10. All-in again. This time I'm against KQ. You know the rest! REBUY.

With all my rebuy money gone I now finally start hitting cards and get to the break with 7k. Add in the top up and I'm upto 12k. Ready to play properly!

Two hands stand out after the break. With blinds at 400/800 I raise in EP to 3000 with KQ. The guy, immediately to my left calls. All pass back to the guy immediately to my right, who limped in originally, who goes 'all-in' for 8k. I call as does the guy to my left for all HIS chips. He flips 7-7 whilst the guy on my right flips...wait for it...9s-7s!! Unbelievable! The flop comes 6-6-Q-K-6 and I'm in the pink!

With blinds at 800/1600 I get JJ in LP. There's an all-in from across the table for around 5k in chips followed by ANOTHER all-in from the new guy on my right for 18k. I call. First man all-in flips A-K. Second all-in guy flips A-Q. Flop is 6-K-J-Q-4 and I scoop the loot!

So now I'm upto something like 44k and cruising. We redraw seats at 18 players and all the heavy artillary seems to have gotton moved to the other table so there were a number of short stacks at mine. With blinds at 2k/4k players dropped like flies.

With 3k/6k blinds I was in EP with A-J and I raised to 16k. The player to my immediate left goes all-in for 29k and I called the remaining 13k. He flips A-K and I was down to around 12k.

NEXT hand I get K-K. All-in!! Before it gets back to the blinds there are two more ALL-INS. All flip. One guy has Ah-9h whilst the other has Ad-Jc. I'm feeling good until the flop comes 3d-Jd-ACE-8-4. I'm done in two hands and finish 12th!

Bugger!!

56 entries - 12th - Loss $216 (£120) - Acc. Total - +$2048

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home