Monday, November 14, 2005

Nov 11th - €50+€10 NL Hold'Em - Fitzwilliam (Dublin)

Sixty-two runners tonight so a little bit better show than last week but still its tough to fight your way through it all.

As per usual I had to rebuy fairly early on (pre-break) despite the fact that I didn't start until just a couple of minutes before the end of level one. The first 45 mins of tonights game were pretty hopeless for me and couldn't catch a card to save my life.

With 3000 newly purchased chips though I saw my opportunity to get lucky just before the break. Holding K-10 in the BB there were three callers but no raises when the action got back to me and I checked it down. A flop of 2-3-10 meant I was all-in on the chance I'd pick the pot up there and then. No such luck though as I get TWO callers. On their backs! The jokers has A-4 (for a gutshot) and A-3! Lucky me!! No help to anyone else on the turn or river and at the brak I had just over 8k in chips!

Things continued to go well for me after the break and, with 18 of us left, I was chip leader with 41k in chips...then the wheels fell off!

First I lost 10k of my stack...then another 12k...then another 7k! I then get lucky (or unlucky depending which way you look at it) when I get quad Queens but couldn't get anyone to pay me off. I lose another 10k pot and suddenly I've got 9k left with 12 left and the blinds about to go to 2k-4k.

I get Q-10s and lump it in to the pot. I get one caller, who flips A-Q, and despite a Queen falling on the flop I didn't improve and was out in 12th place. The only good thing was that I picked up 6 'scalps' - worth €10 each - so my loss for the night was limited to €50...which was nice!

62 Entries - 12th - Loss $60 (€50) - Acc. Total +$4200

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home